Version 2.9.1-5.4.0 was released on 9, October 2020
- Confluent-Kafka is now available with Enterprise and Community versions.
- Option to activate broker level license (812f266)
- Ability to switch to Confluent Kafka Community edition (812f266)
- Updated license changes for community and enterprise flavours of Confluent Kafka (0b33a2c)
- Use of Community version is encouraged for testing purposes only. It is highly recommended to use Confluent Enterprise for production Kafka clusters. The default service config installs the enterprise confluent kafka with no license and can be run for the trial period of 30 days. However, it is possible to update the license afterwards. Check Add Enterprise License section for more details. To install the community version see Switching to Confluent Community section.
- Upgrade the base tech version of Confluent Kafka to
5.4.0. See Confluent Kafka’s Release Notes for 5.4.0 for details.
- Updated the SDK to version 0.57.3
- Updated the scheduler JRE to
- Confluent Kafka 5.4.0 introduces
[KAFKA-7335] - Store clusterId locally to ensure broker joins the right cluster, which means that kafka cluster will store the clusterId locally so that it does not join the wrong zookeeper cluster accidentally. Therefore, if your kafka service is connected to default DC/OS zookeeper, changing the zookeeper path is not permitted. Please check here for more information.
- Update the base tech version of Confluent Kafka to
- Update the SDK to version
0.57.0. For more information, see release notes for previous SDK releases:
- By upgrading the SDK, Confluent-Kafka now comes with support for:
- Quota enforcement
- Node draining