You can create a DC/OS cluster for Amazon Web Services (AWS) by using the DC/OS templates on AWS CloudFormation.
- CloudFormation does not allow for coordinated zero-downtime in-place updates within Auto Scaling groups.
- CloudFormation does not allow for automated zero-downtime replacement of Auto Scaling groups.
- Replacing DC/OS agent nodes requires manual data migration of local storage volumes for stateful services.
- Updates of DC/OS on AWS CloudFormation have not been automated, validated, or documented.
- Modified CloudFormation templates are not supported by Mesosphere, Inc.
The recommended way to install production-ready DC/OS that can be upgraded in-place is to use the Installation method.