DC/OS 1.11.7 was released on November 1, 2018.
DC/OS 1.11.7 includes the following components:
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.7
- DCOS-20222 - Add an error message when environment variables are input without keys.
- DCOS-42365 - Set total resource counts to display in the pods table.
- DCOS_OSS-1961 - Secure pod container fields to prevent instances of unprompted swallowing when pod is edited via JSON Editor.
- DCOS_OSS-4193 - Resolve MSPH-2018-0004(Mesosphere Customer Advisory) where Marathon fails to launch if the first DC/OS master is down with the introduction of ping zk-1 in DC/OS 1.11.5.
- COPS-3172/DCOS-40120/DCOS-42667 - Fix instances where parent containers may get stuck in
DESTROYINGstate when there is a simultaneous health check running to create nested containers.
- DCOS-39103 - Consolidate DC/OS metrics agent service error messages in instances when the Docker daemon becomes unresponsive.
- DCOS_OSS-3918 - Downrate logs to debug in occurrences of NaN data point values to reduce log size and free disk space.
- DCOS_OSS-4127 - Add additional data (timestamp for
timedatectl, distro version, systemd unit status, pods endpoint) into DC/OS diagnostics bundle.
- DCOS-42156 - Add root permissions to
dcos_marathonin order to launch MoM.
- DCOS-42814 - Upgrade CockroachDB from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9.
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds. Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service.
- Enhanced data security. Enterprise
- Updated data services.
Provide feedback on the new features and services at support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You can add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission nodes - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage
spotcloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.