DC/OS version 1.11.12 was released on October 10, 2019.
DC/OS 1.11.12 includes the following components:
DC/OS is a distributed operating system that enables you to manage resources, application deployment, data services, networking, and security in an on-premise, cloud, or hybrid cluster environment.
Issues Fixed in DC/OS 1.11.12
Updated Signal service to release 1.6.0
Updated to Mesos 1.5.x
Updated to Metronome 0.6.33
Updated DC/OS UI to 1.11+v1.26.8.
Fixed and improved issues
Fix preflight Docker version check failing for docker 1.19. (DCOS-56831)
Fix problems with Docker version > 1.19 which added new entries to
docker versionoutput. (DCOS-57676)
[Metronome] Fix Metronome where it did not use the revive operation.
[Metronome] Fix daylight saving issues.
[Metronome] Users can retrieve the Mesos
taskidof finished tasks. (DCOS_OSS-5258)
DC/OS Net: Fix support for big sets in the ipset manager. (COPS-5229)
Remove nogroup creation. (COPS-5220)
Fix potential deadlock in RPC authenticatee. (DCOS-57338)
Fix issue with
customer_idfrom customer environments. (DCOS-55882)
Update command to extract CLI download URLs to variables to make it easy to update them. (DCOS-57266)
Fix bug where Mesos master memory use seems to increase. (DCOS-55315)
Update to make DC/OS Signal report the license ID. (DCOS-57291)
Fix authorization for MULTI_ROLE frameworks. (DCOS-54635) Enterprise
Fix AWS Onprem with static backend and security permissive CI. (DCOS-52080) Enterprise
Fix issue where Metronome rejects a job with an unused secret. (COPS-4706, DCOS_OSS-5019)
Fix LDAP UI issue in which it is too easy to accidentally press the delete button. (COPS-4804, DCOS-54673)
Fix LDAP UI issue where modifying any setting in the UI reverts hidden settings to default. (COPS-4857, DCOS-54672)
Fix issue where user is unable to filter service addresses/VIPs by name in UI. (COPS-4796, DCOS-54671)
About DC/OS 1.11
DC/OS 1.11 includes many new capabilities with a focus on:
- Managing clusters across multiple clouds. Enterprise
- Production Kubernetes-as-a-service.
- Enhanced data security. Enterprise
- Updated data services.
Provide feedback on the new features and services at support.mesosphere.com.
New Features and Capabilities in DC/OS 1.11
- Multi-region management - Enables a DC/OS cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds, and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters - A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between one cluster and another. You can add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using the DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up, you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness - Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Decommission nodes - Support for permanently decommissioning nodes makes it easier to manage
spotcloud instances, allowing for immediate task rescheduling. View the documentation
- Edge-LB 1.0. View the documentation. Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack - All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemd unit called
dcos-net. Read this note to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- The configuration parameter
dns_forward_zonesnow takes a list of objects instead of nested lists (DCOS_OSS-1733). View the documentation to understand its usage.
- Secrets Management Service
- Secrets can now be binary files in addition to environment variables.
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified logging API provides simple access to container (task) and system component logs. View the documentation.
- DC/OS Storage Service 0.1 (beta) - DSS users will be able to dynamically create volumes based upon profiles or policies to fine-tune their applications storage requirements. This feature leverages the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) to streamline the development of storage features in DC/OS by Mesosphere and our community and partner ecosystems. View the documentation.Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.Beta
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported. Enterprise
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. Enterprise
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.