These are the release notes for DC/OS 1.11.0 Release Candidate 4.
To download DC/OS Enterprise, contact: Mesosphere Support.
This release candidate is for testing only and not to be used in production.
DC/OS 1.11 Release Candidate 4 has a number of limitations that will be resolved at GA time.
New features and capabilities
Apache Mesos 1.5, Marathon 1.6, and Kubernetes 1.9 Integrated.
DC/OS 1.11.0 is is based on Mesos 1.5. View the Mesos changelog.
DC/OS 1.11.0 is integrated with the latest 1.6 release of Marathon. For more information about Marathon 1.6, consult the Marathon changelog.
DC/OS 1.11.0 supports latest Kubernetes 1.9 Container Scheduler. For more information about Kubernetes 1.0 on DC/OS, view the documentation.
- Fault domain awareness. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Linked clusters. A cluster link is a unidirectional relationship between a cluster and another cluster. You add and remove links from one cluster to another cluster using DC/OS CLI. Once a link is set up you can easily switch between clusters using the CLI or UI. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Integrated Remote Regions. Enables “Bursting” to take advantage of ephemeral cloud compute resources. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Multi-Region Management. Enables a DC/OS Cluster to span multiple datacenters, clouds and remote branches while providing a unified management and control cluster.
- Decommission Node. Support for permanently decommissioning nodes enables easier maintenance and decommissioning “Spot” Cloud Instances after use allowing for immediate task rescheduling as opposed delayed task rescheduling.
- Support for Docker image garbage collection. View the documentation.
- Support for Docker image pull secrets.
- Edge-LB 1.0 RC candidate. View the documentation Enterprise
- IPv6 is now supported for Docker containers.
- Performance improvements to the DC/OS network stack. All networking components (minuteman, navstar, spartan) are aggregated into a single systemD unit called
dcos-net. Please read the note on networking software re-architecture to learn more about the re-factoring of the network stack.
- Secrets Management Service
- Binary Secret files are now supported
- Hierarchical access control is now supported.
- The DC/OS metrics component now produces metrics in Prometheus format. View the documentation.
- Unified Logging Endpoint to Collect Container (task) as well as System Component Logs.
- DC/OS 1.11 introduces an implementation of the industry-standard Container Storage Interface (CSI) version 0.1, which enables developers (Mesosphere, community, and partners) to streamline the development of storage features within DC/OS by providing a common API between the Container Orchestrator (DC/OS) and the storage devices. View the documentation. Enterprise
- Pods now support persistent volumes. View the documentation.
Note: Because these storage features are beta in 1.11, they must be explicitly enabled. Beta features are not recommended for production usage, but are a good indication of the direction the project is headed.
Updated DC/OS Data Services
- TLS encryption for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS is now supported.
- Fault domain awareness for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic and DC/OS HDFS. Use fault domain awareness to make your services highly available and to allow for increased capacity when needed.
- New API endpoint to pause a node for DC/OS Kafka, DC/OS Cassandra, DC/OS Elastic, and DC/OS HDFS. Use this endpoint to relaunch a node in an idle command state for debugging purposes.
- New beta DC/OS Kafka ZooKeeper service. View the documentation.
- You can now select a DC/OS data service version from a dropdown menu in the DC/OS UI.
- Improved scalability for all DC/OS data services.
- Upgrades from 1.10.5 to 1.11.0-rc4 are supported, but not recommended.
- Upgrades from 1.11.0-rc1 to 1.11.0-rc4 are not supported in 1.11 Release Candidate 4.
- COPS-2201 - Fix
dcos-diagnosticscrashing after running gen_resolvconf.py.
- COPS-2465 - License status is now consistent in a multi-master environment. Enterprise
- DCOS-16510 - The version of HashiCorp Vault used by the
dcos-secretsservice has been updated from v0.5.2 to v0.8.3.
- DCOS-19050 - If the Vault instance used by
dcos-secretsseals itself, the service will now be able to unseal it automatically.
- DCOS-19500 - Fix cosmos/service/update failure when Marathon is deploying.
- DCOS-20064 - Support license parameters in Azure and AWS templates. Enterprise
- DCOS-20396 - Test that bootstrap regenerates cert when old cert does not match new CSR.
- DCOS-20492 - Cluster sometimes comes up without license when using AWS CloudFormation templates. Enterprise
- DCOS-20515 - Make licensing version-aware to prevent upgrade failures. Enterprise
- DCOS-20569 - Include only public attributes of license on diagnostics bundle. Enterprise
- DCOS-20628 -
dcos-vault: fix deadlock in go-zookeeper library.
- DCOS-20676 -
csidevices: fix lsblk parsing of empty string bool values.
- DCOS-20679 - Make licensing handle a cluster license renewal for same major version during a config upgrade. Enterprise
- DCOS-20772 - Update znode creation scheme for storing license audit data.
- DCOS-21000 - Release Marathon plugin with resource full auth bug fix.
- DCOS-21045 - Update
dcos-cluster-linkerto not allow a self-link. Enterprise
- DCOS-21095 - Turn IPv6 overlay off in IPv4 environment.
- DCOS_OSS-1587 - Support DC/OS install on non-root LVM volume.
- DCOS_OSS-2070 - Service is not accessible via l4lb VIP from local agent using UCR bridge mode.
- DCOS_OSS-2105 - UI can show stale task state due to dropped events (Related MESOS-8469 - Fix the problem with Mesos master dropping events in the operator API stream.)
- METRONOME-100 - Fix for Metronome restart causing duplication of jobs.
- METRONOME-190 - Add authorized launch queue.
- METRONOME-191 - Implement start deadline timeout.
- METRONOME-194 - Support FORBID concurrency policy.
- Updated marathon to 1.6.322 (https://github.com/dcos/dcos/pull/2473 | https://github.com/mesosphere/dcos-enterprise/pull/2278)
- Updated Mesos to 1.5.x 9840ae1 (https://github.com/dcos/dcos/pull/2472 | https://github.com/mesosphere/dcos-enterprise/pull/2263)
Note: The Kubernetes package dependencies are documented here.