Before you begin, you must have:
- Linux machine (bastion) that has access to the existing VPC.
dkpbinary on the bastion.
- Docker version 18.09.2 or later installed on the bastion.
- kubectl for interacting with the running cluster on the bastion.
- Valid AWS account with credentials configured.
- An existing docker registry.
- Ability to download artifacts from the internet and then copy those onto your bootstrap machine.
Configure AWS prerequisites
Follow the steps in IAM Policy Configuration.
Export the AWS region where you want to deploy the cluster:
Export the AWS profile with the credentials you want to use to create the Kubernetes cluster:
Then, you can create an AMI.