Before you begin
Simplified Cluster Creation on AWS
From the Add Cluster menu, select the Create Konvoy Cluster and provide some basic cluster details:
- Workspace: The workspace where this cluster belongs.
- Kubernetes Version: The initial version of Kubernetes to install on the cluster.
- Name: A valid Kubernetes name for the cluster.
- Add Labels: By default, your cluster has labels that reflect the infrastructure provider provisioning. For example, your AWS cluster may be labelled with the datacenter region and
provider: aws. Cluster labels are matched to the selectors created for projects. Changing a cluster label may add or remove the cluster from projects.
- Region: Select the datacenter region to reveal selectable Availability Zones.
- Add Infrastructure Provider Tags: Specify tags to be set on all resources created in your infrastructure provider for this cluster. You can add up to 10 tags in this form. Different infrastructure providers have varying restrictions on their tags. See the AWS Tags User Guide for more information on using tags in AWS.
Click Create to begin provisioning the Konvoy cluster. This step may take a few minutes, and the cluster may fail to join initially if it tries to join before the cluster is fully ready. It will retry to join automatically and should resolve once the cluster is fully provisioned.