Release Notes for Dispatch 1.4.0
v1.4.0 - Released Feb 3, 2021
Document Modified Date: Released Feb 3, 2021
This document describes the new features, caveats, and resolved issues in D2iQ Dispatch.
- Release notes are sometimes updated with new information about restrictions and caveats. Please see https://docs.d2iq.com/dkp/dispatch/ for the latest version of the D2iQ Dispatch release-notes.
This release introduces FluxCD as a new GitOps backend. ArgoCD is now considered deprecated and will likely be removed in future releases. Refer to this guide to learn how to setup your GitOps repositories with FluxCD.
Installation and Upgrades
To install Dispatch, follow one of the two options below:
konvoy initand then update the
Upgrade: Update the
- Update the following example snippet from
cluster.yamlto upgrade Dispatch 1.3.x to 1.4.0.
- configRepository: https://github.com/mesosphere/kubeaddons-dispatch configVersion: stable-1.16-1.4.0 addonsList: - name: dispatch enabled: false
It should read:
- configRepository: https://github.com/mesosphere/kubeaddons-dispatch configVersion: stable-1.18-1.4.0 addonsList: - name: dispatch enabled: true
- Apply the configuration to install/upgrade Dispatch to the Konvoy cluster.
- Verify that the installation/upgrade is successful.
helm test dispatch-kubeaddons
- Prometheus endpoint
/ops/portal/prometheus/targetswill report target
dispatch/dispatch-event-sink-images/0as unhealthy, with an error message
server returned HTTP status 404 Not Found. Please run
kubectl delete servicemonitor -n dispatch dispatch-event-sink-imagesto resolve this error.
Improvements since Dispatch 1.3
- Added support to tasks for annotations and labels.
- Addes support in Dispatch CLI for Docker registry authentication when pulling images.
- Added support for automated installation of FluxCD onto federated clusters.
- Upgraded Tekton to v0.16.3.
- Fixed issue with buildkit deployment on multi-instance Dispatch deployments.